Angine de Poitrine in fully fledged flight at the Usher Hall this afternoon, absolutely top entertainment, an atmosphere like I have never known. Had to faff around from 11.30 by going up to Summerhall for a wristband then over to the Usher Hall to another queue, for hours. Worth it though , got the best seat Row C Grand Circle in the centre by the aisle. Stalls standing, completely mobbed, I wouldn't have enjoyed it. Good to look at all the dancing and polka dot/ dice balloons.
The actual music was tremendous, like all the videos basically but rockily loud and extremely powerful.
The guys are geniuses, massively talented, and had the audience eating out of their hands, getting everyone to grunt Eeee and Ohhh like aliens. Great rock poses. Very funny, letting the Bleep and Booster discordant 7/ 8 riff from Fabienk loop while Khn and Klek had some water from spotty flasks and red tubes, Khn with his left leg lolling nonchalantly on the neck of the bass guitar.
Luckily for me they started the set with the doomy plodding Angor which you have to be in the mood for, but they got it out of the way any played everything else apart from Utxp. Lots of added frills, I thought they had boobed in Fabienk but no, they just had extra twiddles.
The crowd went mental, and I thought my life considerably the richer, yes, it was that good.
Also.....
On first was Gwenno, Brythonic Synthpop balladeeress. Obviously, no one was there to hear her but she was a good sport and did a sterling performance. I was grumpy for the first few numbers but thawed out and enjoyed it. Good back projection of her ghosting away like the Bohemian Rhapsody video which I was jealous of, could we do that for the Dancing Mice?




No comments:
Post a Comment