Tuesday 24 January 2012

What Our Politicians Get Paid For

 

LAZAROWICZ, Mark mark.lazarowicz.mp@parliament.uk

10:36 (11 hours ago)
to undisclosed recipients

You may recall you contacted me either recently or in the past about the Daylight Saving Bill, which would allow for a trial period in which the clocks were put back.

I thought I would give you an update, as the Bill was discussed again in the House of Commons last Friday.

I took part in the debate, and the vast majority of MPs supported the proposals. There was opposition, however, from a few MPs, mainly from the Scottish National Party and the Conservative Party. The outcome was that the Bill ran out of time. As this was a Private Member's Bill, unless the government takes up the proposal, this effectively means the Bill is dead, at least for this Parliamentary session.

I realise this news will disappoint you, but I thought you would want to know what happened.

If you have any further comments, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,

Mark Lazarowicz

MP for Edinburgh North & Leith

www.marklazarowicz.org.uk

Follow me on Twitter @marklazarowicz

 

Anthony Moffoot anthony.moffoot@blueyonder.co.uk

21:53 (5 minutes ago)
to Mark
Hello, thanks for keeping me  posted. I should tell you that I am pleased the bill has failed; I remember the trial 40 years ago, it was horrible and it seemed wilfully perverse and pointless to repeat it.

Regards

No comments: